Sunday 10 June 2012

Vue Lounge 2 @ New Farm



So I decided to bring my family here to try something new and we all really enjoyed the food! The service was a let down though. We were left unattended for quite a while, the tables we got still had leftover over scraps of food not wiped down and the staff took their time to provide us with their menus.

Although it was a rocky start to our brekkie, we discovered some more yummy treats this morning!

Bircher muesli with berry compote, greek yoghurt, honey and pistachios


I love Bircher muesli and I loved this one.


Chipolatas, cherry truss tomatoes, poached eggs on sourdough with beetroot relish and aioli.




I’m usually not a chipolata or a beetroot person, but I actually quite liked this one! The chipolatas tasted really good with the beetroot relish and aioli combo! The tomatoes were sweet and juicy too.




Creamy mushrooms, date and early grey puree on sourdough with cherry truss tomatoes.




I think the special thing about Vue is the sauces they make. They make good sauces that are unique to Vue and that’s why their food has that sprinkle of surprise to it. However, I also think you have to “know” what to get – some dishes are good, some are really just average.




The most average dish today was the smoked salmon, poached eggs, grilled lemon, zucchini fritters drizzled with tomato bernaise sauce. This was surprising because I really thought this would be the best one and was really looking forward to it!



The zucchini fritters were too bland for my liking. Those who love fritters, I’d really recommend Au Cirque’s corn fritters! A-m-a-z-i-n-g!


Overall, Vue generally serves good food but their service definitely needs improvement. 



Vue Lounge on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment