Friday 27 April 2012

Elk Espresso @ Broadbeach, Gold Coast


Having only opened for a year, Elk Espresso is a vibrant café located in Broadbeach and is easily accessible by public transport. The atmosphere of the café is simple, modern and pot plants on tables and their wallpaper bring in a touch of nature.




I visited Elk Espresso on my first Café Crawl on the Gold Coast with my friends. Their menu options are mainly for lunch including salads, sandwiches, burgers, chips as well as freshly baked goods from the cake cabinet.



This was the last stop of our Café Crawl that day and we were all pretty full by the time we got here. We ended up ordering:

Chicken Sandwich on cord bread with chilli jam, avocado, roasted sweet potato, feta and leaves accompanied by a side of fries.

 


Cherry and Almond Tart. The tart was very average – too sweet for my liking. More almond meal texture would’ve have made it a lot better.
 


Elk Espresso is supposed to be well known on the Gold Coast for the coffee so I ordered a latte to see for myself. The latte was quite nice – above average, but still not the best I’ve had on the Gold Coast.


The highlight of our this stop however, was the Crème Brulee Thickshake! It was absolutely amazing! It was my first time trying anything like that but wow!

 


If you’re not a thickshake lover, this can get sickening though. We struggled to finish it off because it was so thick, rich and creamy! It was at that point where our stomachs could’ve have exploded if we ate any more food.

Elk Espresso’s menu changes on a seasonal basis, so I would like to come back when they change up their menu and perhaps this time, not during one of the café crawls.



Elk Espresso on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment