Tuesday 1 May 2012

Cooking at Home - Big Brekkie and Bircher Muesli



As soon as I got up this morning, I had this sudden urge to try to make Big Brekkie for my sisters and my cousin. The big breakfast consisted of: garlic sautéed herbed mushrooms, grilled haloumi, tomato, avocado, spinach, smoked salmon and bratwurst sausages with saukraut.

Can’t imagine how a person can finish all of it off, but they managed, surprisingly!




I also made a light brekkie option for my auntie and myself – Bircher muesli with fresh fruit and yoghurt.
 
This was very easy and less time-consuming compared to the Big Brekkie. All I had to do was prepare the muesli the night before, cut up fresh fruit in the morning and finish it off with a dollop of Greek-style yoghurt! The Bircher muesli was prepared by mixing rolled oats with milk and a bit of orange juice, then refrigerating it overnight.

It was really refreshing and wasn’t too sweet – I think I will opt for that option for brekkie at home from now on!

No comments:

Post a Comment