Tuesday 8 May 2012

Yuuga @ Surfers Paradise, Gold Coast




I’ve wanted to try Yuuga for a while now and it wasn’t until couple of months ago that I actually had the chance to head to Surfers Paradise to try it with a few friends.

We chose lunch because they do Obento (lunchbox) specials during lunchtime.

We all went for the Unagi Obento which had Japanese grilled eel as the main, accompanied by sashimi, salmon and avo salad, agedashi (deep-fried) tofu, rice and miso soup.

 

Yuuga was quite average, I must say. Apparently, they were better a few years back. The sashimi wasn’t the best I’d had. The salmon and avocado salad was interesting though – the sauce was nice but raw fish with salad leaves is just not for me. Personally, I think raw fish should just be eaten as sashimi, sushi or nigiri.


Though small, the grilled eel was just enough for me. I don’t think I can eat huge amounts of eel at once.

 
Agedashi tofu was pretty nice – I generally avoid deep-friend foods but because I love tofu, it was still quite nice.

Overall, I think Yuuga is a little overpriced for what you get, but I must say the atmosphere of the restaurant was traditional and relaxing.



Yuuga Japanese Restaurant on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment